- All Pakistani citizens residing in New Zealand and Pacific Islands are informed that according to an ICAO decision, Machine Readable Passport (MRP) has become a mandatory/necessary requirement for foreign travel. In this connection, all Pakistani citizens are advised to take following actions:-
- Although manual passports can be used until 30 September 2016, they should acquire Machine Readable Passports (MRP) as early as possible.While the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) has allowed use of manual passports till 30 September 2016, some countries can apply bilateral restrictions on travelers holding manual passports.
- Consequences of not having a Machine Readable Passport could include financial losses, delays and cancelled trips.
Machine Readable Passport (MRP) can be applied through the High Commission for Pakistan in Wellington. Necessary guidelines in this regard are posted on High Commission’s website. Some of the useful links are as follows:
- Requirements for New/ Renewal/Modification of MRP
- Passport in Lieu of a Lost Passport
- Fee Structure for a New Passport (MRP)