Machine Readable Passport (MRP)
All Pakistani citizens residing in New Zealand and Pacific Islands are informed that Machine Readable Passport (MRP) is a mandatory requirement for foreign travel. Consequences of not having a Machine Readable Passport could include financial losses, delays and cancelled trips.
How to apply for a passport online
You can apply for a passport online at https://onlinemrp.dgip.gov.pk/
The following application types are available online:
a. Processing of passport of new born baby in Application Type "New" (Upto two years of age)
b. Renewal of Passport
c. Application Type "Reprint Lost" (To the extent of 1st and 2nd Lost)
d. Application Type "Reprint Damage"
e. Application Type "Reprint Exhausted"
f. Application Type "Modification" for female applicants about their Marital Status, Husband name and Surname, and Profession.
How to apply for a passport with the High Commission
If an applicant wishes to apply for an MRP with the High Commission in Wellington, following requirements must be noted:
Requirements for New/Renewal/Modification of MRP
Please go through the relevant section carefully before visiting the High Commission. All documents are mandatory and your application will not be processed if the requirements are not fully met.
1) Personal presence of the applicant at the Pakistan High Commission, Wellington.
2) Applicants aged between 18-63 years must produce any one of the following:
Original Valid NADRA Cards along with its photocopy (front & back)
Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) OR
National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) OR
Smart National ID Card (SNIC)
3) Original previous Passport with photocopy of its bio-pages (first four pages)
4) Proof of legal residence status in the New Zealand (New Zealand Passport/ visa/ work
5) Appropriate fee in the form of Postal Money Order/Certified Bank Cheque/Bank Draft, in favour of the High Commission of Pakistan, Wellington. An applicant may also deposit fee direct in bank account given on our website (ANZ Bank, 011823-0019313-00). Kindly insert
your full name as a reference.
6) Pre-paid self-addressed envelope, registered post or courier satchel, unless collecting up personally.
Senior Citizens (64 years and above) may present their expired (but original) CNIC / NICOP / Smart National ID Card along with its photocopy (front & back).
Dual national applicants must also present their original foreign passport along with its photocopy. MRP will be issued to dual nationals aged between 18-59 years after necessary clearance from Pakistan.
Pakistan Government employees must to produce original No Objection Certificate (NOC) issued within last ninety (90) days by their respective Ministries / Divisions / Departments.
For Minor applicants (below 18 years of age)
1) Personal Presence of the applicant at the High Commission accompanied by at least one of the parents.
2) Present one of the following:
original & valid NICOP along with its photocopy (front & Back) OR
NADRA Child Registration Certificate (CRC)/ Rg-2 Form (B-Form) and its photocopy.
3) Original previous Passport with photocopy of its bio-pages (first four pages) (incase of
renewal of passport).
4) Applicants Original Birth Certificate containing both parents’ names and its photocopy.
5) Father’s Pakistani Passport/NADRA Card and its photocopy.
6) Proof of applicant’s legal residence status in New Zealand (New Zealand Passport/visa/ work authorization- if applicable).
In case parents are separated or divorced, the custodian father or mother is required to produce court orders confirming his/her legal right of custody of the child.
Children below 15 years of age are issued only 5 year valid MRP.
Dual national applicants must also present their original foreign passport along with its photocopy.