top of page

 Birth Registration 

Important Notice/Reminder

  • As per procedure, every child should be registered with the High Commission within six months of his/her birth. In case a child is not registered with the High Commission for Pakistan, Wellington within the first year, the parents are advised to directly apply for the child’s registration/NICOP with NADRA.

  • National Database & Registration Authority (NADRA) has launched a web based NICOPs application system for processing of NICOP at Therefore, all applicants are advised to apply NICOP online directly with NADRA. All relevant procedure is available at NADRA’s website.


A birth registration certificate request requires the following documents:

  1. Duly filled in birth registration form and submitted by the applicant personally or through a registered/courier mail.

  2. Child’s original Birth Certificate issued by the hospital along with an attested copy by a JP.

  3. Copy of the father’s and mother’s Pakistani passports and National Identity Cards, duly attested by a JP.

  4. Three photographs of the child – with name written on the back.

  5. Photocopy of foreign passport / PR Card / landing paper / Status abroad, if any.

  6. Original marriage certificate/ Nikah nama of the parents or its attested copy by a JP

  7. Letter of consent from a parent (if one of them is a foreigner).

Applicants sending their documents through mail must enclose a return pre-paid, self-addressed registered / courier envelope.

Note: For prompt service please ensure that the above requirements are completed. Failure to provide the required information may result in delay for which Pakistan High Commission New Zealand will not take any responsibility.




  • Ordinary Services: NZ$ 25.00

  • Urgent Services: NZ$ 50.00


Fee in form of Postal money order / certified bank cheque / bank draft should be in the name of “High Commission for Pakistan, Wellington” or Direct Bank Deposit in ANZ Bank Account No: 011823-0019313-00.

Insert the child’s name as reference in the Bank Receipt and send the original receipt along with your application form.

Note: Consular fees once deposited cannot be refunded.

Still have questions? Ask here

Want to Visit the High Commission? Book Appointment

bottom of page